Glaze and Gas

I'm happy to announce that I finally feel as if I've figured out the kiln! ...... or I should say.... I've just completed a successful firing that I will try to recreate the next time. 

I'm the first to fire the new kiln at Silvie's studio and it has taken some time for me to figure out all the little eccentricities of that little baby. The main problem I had was with amount of reduction and which glazes would not work in certain amounts of reduction. But I've been working with a new glaze base and I am so happy what it did in this firing.

 Mmmmmm so excited for the possibilities.......

Mmmmmm so excited for the possibilities.......